In this policy
- “our”, “we”, “us” or “CCL” means Computer Concepts Limited
- “you” means you, the person using our services, or visiting our website
- “services” means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website
2. Information we collect
If you are just surfing and reading information on our website, then we collect and store the following information about your visit
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using
- your browsing behaviour
- any applicable online transactions
- the date and time you are visiting
- location data based on where your browsing session originates
- the URLs of the pages you visit
- any contact information you may provide
- the domain name of the page you visit after leaving our website
If you are a CCL Client, CCL terms and conditions will apply to your use of CCL services.
3. How we use your information
We use your information to measure the number of visitors to different parts of the site and for a number of different purposes connected with the provision of information technology services, for example, to measure the effectiveness of advertising.
Although we may use and disclose anonymised aggregated information about usage patterns, we do not disclose personal information outside our Spark business group, except for the reasons set out below in this section. We do not sell information which identifies you personally.
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about security issues. If we think it is necessary, we can disclose information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs.
If you choose to provide us with personal information such as your email address, for example by filling out an electronic query or order form, we will use the information to communicate with you in relation to all the goods and services which we provide to you or which we consider might be of interest to you. This may include email marketing.
Personal information will be stored and used in accordance with our General Terms.
Our website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer.
A “cookie” is a small packet of information that our website sends to your web browser or device. It lets our website recognise you and keep track of your preferences when you visit or use our website.
In addition, our website uses a range of third party cookies such as Adobe Analytics, Facebook cookies, and Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. These third party cookies include the following features:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting – which gives us additional insight into who has viewed our paid digital advertising on other websites. This will help us optimise and tailor our advertising.
- DoubleClick Platform integrations & Remarketing with Google Analytics – the integrations between both our web analytics and paid advertising platforms together to give us additional insight. This will allow us to tailor our advertising to ensure the right types and offers are shown to you while you are using the internet outside our website.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting – which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our website.
- Adobe Analytics – which includes a Visitor ID allowing us to associate your previous and existing web browser behaviour together, and which gives us insight about how to best cater to your browsing needs.
- Facebook’s Pixel and Mobile SDK – which help us tailor ads, understand what users are doing on our website at an anonymised level and make recommendations to people who may be interested in the products, services or causes we promote.
Cookies are used to analyse your use of our website and to serve ads when you visit our website. The information may be used to serve you ads in relation to our products or services when you visit our website and third party websites. The information we collect and share with third parties through cookies is anonymised and aggregated and does not include personal information which is likely to identify you.
While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of our website, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. Most browsers allow you to control management of cookies, this will be different depending on each user’s PC – refer to your browser help menu for further information.
4. How we store and keep your personal information safe
How long we keep your personal information
We usually keep your personal information for as long as it’s needed in connection with the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. After that, we delete or anonymise the personal information.
Access to your information
You have the right to access to personal information we hold about you where it is stored in such a way that it can readily be retrieved. If the personal information we hold about you is not accurate or complete, then you may ask us to correct it.
To update your personal information, such as your billing address, you can contact us via the Contact Us page.
When using this site, look for the ‘padlock’ symbol within your web browser. The ‘padlock’ symbol is a certificate of authenticity and ensures your connection to our site is secure and private. You can double-click the padlock symbol to view the certificate’s details.
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) and a LetsEncrypt certificate to ensure all information to and from our site is encrypted and secure.
We work hard and follow industry best practice to ensure the personal information we hold is secure. Most of your personal information is stored on our own servers here in New Zealand. If we do need to store your information in the cloud (online) we carefully select trusted data centre providers and take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety and integrity of your information.
If we become aware of a data breach that we think could compromise your security, we’ll tell you as soon as we can. We may also report the breach publicly, if we consider it appropriate to do so or if we’re required to by law.
6. Your Privacy, Your Choices – Opting out
Turning off cookies
How do I unsubscribe from email marketing communications?
There are two ways to unsubscribe to any email message
- Follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email
- By phone or in writing using the contact details contained in the message.
How do I file a complaint?
If you have any concerns or feel your privacy has been compromised in any way please let us know promptly by emailing –Emailenquiries@concepts.co.nz
7. Changing this policy
We may change this policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy. We will tell you about any changes by posting an updated policy on our website. Any change we make applies from the date we post it on the website.